Wednesday, 13th September 2017 - 12:21h
Thursday, 14th September 2017 - 12:21h
Conference topics include:
- Potential for ventilative cooling strategies;
- Ventilative cooling in energy performance regulations;
- Design approaches and control strategies for ventilative cooling and case studies;
- Thermal comfort and ventilation;
- Coupling of ventilation with cooling systems;
- Ventilative cooling technologies and components;
- IAQ and acoustical issues.
- Durability of building and ductwork airtightness;
- Energy and IAQ impact of envelope and ductwork leakage;
- Field data and case studies;
- Infiltration measurement techniques and IR thermography;
- Design and construction approaches for airtight buildings;
- Risks related to airtightness.
Ventilation, IAQ, and health relationships:
- IAQ impacts from outdoor sources;
- IAQ metrics or performance indicators;
- Humidity control and moisture damage;
- Ventilation in renovated buildings;
- Strategies to reduce exposure (filtration, air cleaning, source control);
- Performance of cooker hoods;
- Sleep quality;
- Heat recovery issues (freezing, natural ventilation).
Other appropriate topics:
- Smart ventilation control and smart grids;
- Compliance schemes and barriers to innovation;
- Controls and user interaction;
- Fan energy demand;
- Innovative ventilation concepts and combined systems;
- BIM (Building Information Modelling) and ventilation systems.