PROF / TRAC
PROF / TRAC will develop an Open Training and Qualification Platform for professionals dealing with nearly zero energy buildings.
PROF / TRAC in a nutshell
PROF / TRAC targets technical experts, architects and managers involved in nZEB design and construction. The developed European training and qualification scheme will be part of a life-long-life learning process for continuous development and up-skilling of professionals.View details
PROF/TRAC developed a European Train-the-Trainers (TtT) Program to facilitate the efficient use, adaptation and implementation of the EU level training materials, existing training structures, and certification schemes into national CPD programmes. The TtT program will also educate ambassadors of the PROF/TRAC scheme, who can initiate and organize the local training programs and can train the trainers on the national scale.View details
Milestones and outcomes
1. Mapping of the required skills and current skill gaps of professionals in nZEB
2. Development of an Open Training Platform and Qualification scheme
3. Train the Trainers programme for training provider REHVA and ACE members...
NewsView All News
- Feb 2017 (2)
- Mar 2017 (1)
- Apr 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (4)
- Jun 2017 (1)
- Jul 2017 (1)
- Aug 2017 (1)
- Sep 2017 (2)
Bauz! Vienna Congress on Sustainable Building
The event's motto is "What may change?", referring to the 2015 Paris Agreement, i.e. the agreement on the decarbonization of the world economy by 2050. The event focuses on the upcoming changes in the area of planning and building in the years to come in order to reach this goal.
- Cooperation: The event will provide expertise from Finland on the already-advanced state of play there: BIM for buildings, city models above the level of buildings.
- Developing locations: People, buildings, neighborhood is a comparable triple concept, with its individual components impacting one another in a circular fashion. Thinking in these circular terms is becoming ever-more important. The event includes contributions on the Swiss methodology field-tested in Austria, concepts from Vienna, and insights into the realities of urban planning in Mumbai.
- Criteria for future-proof buildings: How can we identify whether a building can aptly fulfill its intended purpose? Building assessment systems endeavor to reach this goal, define requirements, and thus also become planning aids. The event provides attendees with the opportunity to listen to contributions from Vorarlberg and the Lake Constance area, and will deal with the operation of buildings and green infrastructure.
- Thinking in life cycles: Whether it is about money, energy efficiency, CO2 emissions or the scenarios after the end of utilization: it is always the thinking in terms of life cycles that constitutes the more realistic option. The methods used to achieve this goal are in the process of brisk development. There will be presentations from Germany and Austria on this topic.
- Learning from building operation: Monitoring makes a building "smart". Experiences will be from Germany and Austria will be provided
Beside the plenary discussions, there will be roundtables about green spaces, social free spaces, neighborhood assessment, new building criteria and prototypes, as well as building rehabilitation. The event includes architecture field visit to the main sites of the current Vienna urban expansion phase, as well as the Award ceremony of ÖGNB (Austrian Sustainable Building Council) and klimaaktiv.
The 2017 chapter of ACREX India, the biggest, widest and a most dynamic global platform on this side of the continent on all that is cool is going to be held in Delhi. The focus will not be limited only to HVAC&R the exhibition will feature diverse Building Engineering Services that include Electrical & Plumbing Services, Building Automation and the ever - growing Cold Chain Industry.
The World Sustainable Energy Days
The World Sustainable Energy Days –European Energy Efficiency conference, dedicated to technologies, policies and markets, informs about innovative business and financing models and presents pilot projects and best practice solutions, completed by Europe’s leading tradeshow on energy efficiency and renewable energy (Energiesparmesse).
March 1-3, 2017 in Wels/Austria.
Energy Cities Conference 2017
In 2017, the Energy Cities Conference will be hosted from 26 to 28 April by the German city of Stuttgart, well-known for its industrial activity as well as for its foresighted climate and energy policy. In a region which can be considered the birthplace of the German energy transition (Energiewende), Stuttgart will serve as a learning place on the societal, cultural, economic and technological shifts that come with the energy transition in Europe.
How fit are cities and their national governments for taking effective action towards a 2050 low-carbon roadmap? Are they making policy choices that favour stakeholder involvement for a stronger energy democracy, transfer of competences to the local level and monetary flows towards more local and low-carbon projects?
The 3D -democracy, devolution and divestment- will be key topics during the 2-3 days featuring:
50 interactive sessions to question, debate and learn from peers
2 inspiring talks to think big
1 plenary debate focusing on The Energiewende: export hit or slow seller?
1 Mayors session to build a stronger, more local Energy Union
Knowledge transfer from Stuttgart: storytelling by Lord Mayor Fritz Kuhn and on-site energy tours.
All Energy UK 2017
All-Energy, the UK’s largest renewable energy event, is taking place on 10th & 11th May 2017 in Glasgow. Since its launch in 2001, All-Energy has provided the industry suppliers, experts and thought-leaders from the renewable energy supply chain the opportunity to connect with new customers, increase their sales opportunities and expand business networks in this fast-changing marketplace.
The free-to-attend annual conference and exhibition brings together the UK’s largest group of buyers from the bioenergy, solar, offshore and onshore wind, hydropower and wave & tidal sectors, as well as those involved in energy storage, heat, low carbon transport and sustainable cities solutions.
CLIMAMED 2017 MEDITERRANEAN CONGRESS OF CLIMATIZATION
• Indoor and outdoor climate: how to design the retrofit in the Mediterranean basin
• HVAC systems: equipment performance in historical buildings
• Use of renewable energy
• Standards for cultural heritage
• Cultural heritage and historical buildings: conservation, microclimate and sustainability
• Applications of new techniques for HVAC
• Cases study
Construction 21 Expo
A virtual trade fair dedicated to sustainable construction solutions for the European market.
Leading green investors, developers, bankers, building owners, project managers, architects, engineers, facilities managers, technology, materials, products, and service providers along with municipalities, expert organizations and other key stakeholders of green building projects will participate in this one of kind event.
A range of companies covering every base, from planning and organisation to materials and products, through to project works execution and maintenance, building renovations, sustainability and the circular economy.
World Sustainable Building Conference 2017, Hong Kong
WSBE17 Hong Kong is the world conference of the 2015-2017 cycle of the renowned SBE Conference Series, which is now considered to be the most influential of its kind globally. Following Hong Kong's selection as the host city, WSBE17 Hong Kong will conclude the cycle by embracing all of the findings from the 20 regional conferences held in different parts of the world in 2016.
Themed "Transforming Our Built Environment through Innovation and Integration: Putting Ideas into Action", Hong Kong has an aggressive target to "innovate" and "integrate". WSBE17 Hong Kong will bring together 1,800 green building advocates, policy-makers, academics, and industry practitioners from all over the world, offering an inspirational opportunity for delegates to "Put Ideas into Action" to transform the world's built environment.
As one of the densest and most vibrant urban environments in the world, Hong Kong is the perfect setting for conference participants to experience and discuss both the challenges and solutions involved in creating a sustainable built environment. Serving as a strategic gateway to Mainland China, Hong Kong also provides an unparalleled viewpoint for reviewing and discussing China's rapid urbanisation.
PLEA (Passive Low Energy Architecture) 2017
PLEA stands for Passive Low Energy Architecture. PLEA is a global network that has led a worldwide discourse on sustainable architecture and urban design through its conferences since 1982. It has a membership of thousands of professionals, academics, students and industry members from over 40 countries.
Building Simulation 2017
Building Simulation 2017 will bring together practitioners and researchers from around the world to share information about the state of the art in simulation tools and applications and to discuss new developments. The conference will feature updates and insights regarding new research to improve simulation capabilities for advanced low-energy building systems, case studies from successful projects that demonstrate the key role that simulation plays, and ongoing efforts to enable compliance and building rating software to support radiant and other energy efficient systems.
UIA (International Union of Architects) Congress Seoul 2017
Under the theme “Soul of City,” this Congress will offer various opportunities for us to study on the architectural development of cities by analyzing and visualizing the apparent phenomena broadly witnessed across the world due to the rapid and perpetual urbanization; and to discuss challenges of the day by mapping the future we want to deliver. Together with various counterparts including world’s best architects, government representatives, institutional partners, international and non-governmental organization representatives, students, and the general public, we will, once again, continue to envision a sustainable and better urban life at the UIA 2017 Seoul.
13th International Vacuum Insulation Symposium (IVIS 2017)
1. Characterization (microstructure, thermal characteristics, internal pressure, air permeability, gas diffusion, as adsorption...)
2. Heat, Air & Moisture Transfer, from materials to building scale
3. Ageing (film, core material, panel)
4. Envelope - Films
5. Advanced Porous Materials - Core Materials (Fiber Mats, Cellular Foams, Aerogel, Porous Silica…)
6. Life Cycle Assessment, Embodied Energy, Recycling
7. Applications: Building, Refrigeration, Transportation
8. Assessment of Performances & Standardisation
You are warmly invited to take part to this symposium and we welcome you to submit short abstracts (with maximum 200 words in MSWord format) covering the topics listed below on the submission site: (ivisparis2017.org) by January, 13th 2017.
Abstracts will be reviewed and sorted either for oral presentations or posters.
For both, oral presentation and posters, an extended abstract of two pages will be requested and published in the IVIS2017 Proceeding.
Accepted papers holding exceptional significance related to IVIS 2017 topics will be issued in “Energy & Building” or “Vacuum”.