PROF / TRAC
PROF / TRAC will develop an Open Training and Qualification Platform for professionals dealing with nearly zero energy buildings.
PROF / TRAC in a nutshell
PROF / TRAC targets technical experts, architects and managers involved in nZEB design and construction. The developed European training and qualification scheme will be part of a life-long-life learning process for continuous development and up-skilling of professionals.View details
PROF/TRAC developed a European Train-the-Trainers (TtT) Program to facilitate the efficient use, adaptation and implementation of the EU level training materials, existing training structures, and certification schemes into national CPD programmes. The TtT program will also educate ambassadors of the PROF/TRAC scheme, who can initiate and organize the local training programs and can train the trainers on the national scale.View details
Milestones and outcomes
1. Mapping of the required skills and current skill gaps of professionals in nZEB
2. Development of an Open Training Platform and Qualification scheme
3. Train the Trainers programme for training provider REHVA and ACE members...
NewsView All News
- Aug 2017 (1)
- Sep 2017 (6)
- Oct 2017 (5)
- Mar 2018 (1)
Building Simulation 2017
Building Simulation 2017 will bring together practitioners and researchers from around the world to share information about the state of the art in simulation tools and applications and to discuss new developments. The conference will feature updates and insights regarding new research to improve simulation capabilities for advanced low-energy building systems, case studies from successful projects that demonstrate the key role that simulation plays, and ongoing efforts to enable compliance and building rating software to support radiant and other energy efficient systems.
UIA (International Union of Architects) Congress Seoul 2017
Under the theme “Soul of City,” this Congress will offer various opportunities for us to study on the architectural development of cities by analyzing and visualizing the apparent phenomena broadly witnessed across the world due to the rapid and perpetual urbanization; and to discuss challenges of the day by mapping the future we want to deliver. Together with various counterparts including world’s best architects, government representatives, institutional partners, international and non-governmental organization representatives, students, and the general public, we will, once again, continue to envision a sustainable and better urban life at the UIA 2017 Seoul.
CommONEnergy Final event & Shopping Center Retrofitting Award Ceremony
The CommONEnergy Sustainable Building Challenge is a competition for renovated high performance shopping centres organised in the context of the FP7 European project CommONEnergy. The objective of the competition is to identify and award the European best practices for retrofitted shopping centres to provide examples useful for future renovations, targeted to improve the sustainability of retail buildings.
At this final event the awards will be celebrated together with the results of this FP7 project.
AIVC 2017 | Ventilating healthy low-energy buildings
Conference topics include:
- Potential for ventilative cooling strategies;
- Ventilative cooling in energy performance regulations;
- Design approaches and control strategies for ventilative cooling and case studies;
- Thermal comfort and ventilation;
- Coupling of ventilation with cooling systems;
- Ventilative cooling technologies and components;
- IAQ and acoustical issues.
- Durability of building and ductwork airtightness;
- Energy and IAQ impact of envelope and ductwork leakage;
- Field data and case studies;
- Infiltration measurement techniques and IR thermography;
- Design and construction approaches for airtight buildings;
- Risks related to airtightness.
Ventilation, IAQ, and health relationships:
- IAQ impacts from outdoor sources;
- IAQ metrics or performance indicators;
- Humidity control and moisture damage;
- Ventilation in renovated buildings;
- Strategies to reduce exposure (filtration, air cleaning, source control);
- Performance of cooker hoods;
- Sleep quality;
- Heat recovery issues (freezing, natural ventilation).
Other appropriate topics:
- Smart ventilation control and smart grids;
- Compliance schemes and barriers to innovation;
- Controls and user interaction;
- Fan energy demand;
- Innovative ventilation concepts and combined systems;
- BIM (Building Information Modelling) and ventilation systems.
13th International Vacuum Insulation Symposium (IVIS 2017)
1. Characterization (microstructure, thermal characteristics, internal pressure, air permeability, gas diffusion, as adsorption...)
2. Heat, Air & Moisture Transfer, from materials to building scale
3. Ageing (film, core material, panel)
4. Envelope - Films
5. Advanced Porous Materials - Core Materials (Fiber Mats, Cellular Foams, Aerogel, Porous Silica…)
6. Life Cycle Assessment, Embodied Energy, Recycling
7. Applications: Building, Refrigeration, Transportation
8. Assessment of Performances & Standardisation
You are warmly invited to take part to this symposium and we welcome you to submit short abstracts (with maximum 200 words in MSWord format) covering the topics listed below on the submission site: (ivisparis2017.org) by January, 13th 2017.
Abstracts will be reviewed and sorted either for oral presentations or posters.
For both, oral presentation and posters, an extended abstract of two pages will be requested and published in the IVIS2017 Proceeding.
Accepted papers holding exceptional significance related to IVIS 2017 topics will be issued in “Energy & Building” or “Vacuum”.
Affordable solutions to overcome the challenges in urban housing
The event's schedule includes the following speeches:
Keynote speech: The Urban Housing Crisis Europe faces today, Mrs. Lowri Evans, Director General of DG Grow
The Reality and Potential of Vertical Extensions, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Karsten Tichelmann, TU Darmstadt
Increasing Density without impacting on Urban Green Space, Mr. Daniel Dethier, Dethier Architecture
Never demolish but transform and utilise existing buildings, Mr. Vassal, Cabinet Lacaton-Vassal
The speeches will be followed by the Roundtable: Delivering Affordable Solutions to overcome the Challenges in Urban Housing, with Julie Girling, MEP (President of the European Parliament Gypsum Forum), Daniel Calleja (Director General of DG Environment), Bernard Lekien (President of Eurogypsum), and Patrick Liébus (President of EBC).
During the break, a real life project demonstration-3D printing will take place.
Simultaneous translation: English-French-German.
Active House Symposium
The 5th Active House Symposium will discuss sustainable building design in an international and national perspective with Italian and International architects and designers.
There will be specific focus on sustainable development on city and building level, as well as focus on indoor comfort issues and the Active House principles, including the development of the Active House Label.
Empowering smart solutions for better cities - a SCIS conference
With the aim of encouraging the replication of smart cities technologies, solutions and experiences among cities and communities, the event will empower participants to:
- provide insight into the European policy objectives and drivers for innovation and replication in the field of smart cities;
- identify essential factors of success and priorities for the market uptake of innovative solutions by sharing stories of good replication experiences in small groups;
- present concrete achievements and best practices preselected with open call among EU-funded and other demonstration projects in several tracks: technology, finance, society, communication, and governance; and
- find solutions to specific replication challenges (or opportunities) they are facing in their own city, with the help of the collective intelligence of the participants in interactive sessions.
European Utility Week
There are different ways to get involved in European Utility Week 2017: you can visit the exhibition floor, attend the free Hub Sessions, participate as a Delegate to the Summit, exhibit your products and services, sponsor the event or specific features, among many others.
Industrial Innovation Information Days 2017
Mornings: plenary sessions with great political impact on the industrial environment, and key notes by high level speakers.
Afternoons: Panel sessions with a focus on upcoming challenges for the next work programme on Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Advanced Manufacturing and Processing, and Biotechnology.
New project ideas can be presented during the brokerage sessions.
Green Design Conference
The 3rd edition of this event, organized with the collaboration of BAMB, will take place in Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina) from the 4th to the 7th of October 2017.
Please look at the conference invitation and check the conference details, topics and all the important dates.
PROF/TRAC at the Stakeholder Workshop on Vocational Skills for Energy Efficient Buildings
This stakeholder workshop will be back to back to the CA EPBD meeting to showcase the strategic and policy relevance of BUILD UP Skills for Member States / national administrations implementing the EPBD.
ecobuild conference - The industry’s stage for debate and leadership
Positioned at the heart of the event and central to the knowledge programme is the ecobuild conference.
The ecobuild conference will put sustainability firmly at the forefront of the agenda. It will give the built environment industry the opportunity to highlight, debate and present big picture issues, what matters to it now and in the future. Surrounding the ecobuild conference will be curated areas, shining a light on true innovation and demonstrating the different ways in which disciplines within the built environment sector approach sustainability.