1. Mapping of the required skills and current skill gaps of professionals in nZEB.
Mapping and assessment of the:
- professions involved in nZEB construction and retrofitting and comparing the required skills versus present skills
- existing qualifications, knowledge sources, education programmes, post-initial training supply and accreditation/ certification structures
For the skills mapping PROF-TRAC will adapt methodologies developed within current national BUILD UP Skills actions. The methodology will be jointly developed coordinated by ISSO using the experience of REHVA members (ATECYR, DANVAC, HKIS, TVVL), ACE members (CNAPPC and ZAPS) and other training providers. The developed methodology will be offered for free for REHVA, ACE and Housing Europe members and other professional organisations that are willing to join the scheme.
2. Development of an Open Training Platform and Qualification scheme
The core of the PROF-TRAC project is the development and continuous update of an online open training platform.
Functions of the Open Training Platform:
- A European Mutual Learning Platform on NZEB construction and retrofitting for building professional with online training.
- A voluntary EU level training and qualification scheme according to the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning to be adopted at national level.
- To provide EU level training programs and modules to interested training organisations in Europe in order to develop and harmonise national training schemes in nZEB.
- Recruitment and organisation of train-the-trainers programs and webinars.
- Maintaining the repository the project completion and further exploitation of the results.
- Information pool about the European training programme, promotion of trainers and national training organisations.
- Information about professional profiles needed for NZEB construction.
- Information pool of certified buildings professionals who have successfully completed the training tools.
- To provide free self-assessment tools for professionals to evaluate their skills and knowledge gaps in nZEB.
3. Train the Trainers programme for the developed curriculum and qualification schemes
PROF-TRAC will develop an EU level Train the Trainers (TtT) programme and implement 5 rounds of international TtT sessions organised by umbrella organisations representing the building sector (engineers - REHVA; architects – ACE; building owners & managers - Housing Europe) during the 3 years of the project. PROF-TRAC will enable massive up skilling by training a large group of ‘frontrunners’ in this programme in order to create a snowball effect. The ‘trained trainers’ will act as ambassadors for the developed nZEB qualification scheme and will take care of a further roll-out and implementation of the action on national scale, customized to national needs according to the specific skills and qualifications required as well as to the climatic and building circumstances in their countries.
4. Development of a repository of the training material for use in education and post-graduate training
In order to make the PROF-TRAC action sustainable after the project duration a repository will be created in the Open Training Platform to store, update and maintain the training material. This will be a sustainable structure elaborated by the project partners, towards the project end with the following goals:
- To define a business plan to sustain the Training platform after project closure lead by REHVA
- To provide continuous access for training providers joining the Scheme and the Platform during and after the project.
- To create a sustainable system of co-creation in which teachers and market actors can notify each other on required new knowledge and necessary updates e.g. according to changes in standards and regulations.
- Development of small measurement tests to enable professionals to select the right modules.